Unfortunately sometimes problems arise. Although it might seem easier to fix it yourself, hiring a plumber when the problem is extensive will help save you from doing more damage than good.
Here are some instances when it’s best to stop what you’re doing and call a licensed professional plumber in your area:
- No Hot Water– Unless the problem is obvious, like the hot water tank leaking, it is difficult to determine why you have no hot water. If you have an electric heater your problems might be anything from circuit breakers or blown fuses, faulty thermostats, or even a bad overload switch. The source of a gas heater problem could be the igniters or thermocouple burners.
- Water Heater Replacement– On a related note, if you found the problem to be your water heater, it is probably not a good idea to try to replace it by yourself. A licensed plumber will have no problem carrying the new one in to your home, hooking it up correctly, setting it up and even disposing of the old one.
- Frozen Pipes– If you think a pipe is frozen, the first thing you should do is carefully check to see if it has already cracked or even burst. If it is, call a plumber immediately. If not, you can try to thaw it out with a hair dryer. You might still want to call a plumber to make sure it is taken care of safely.
- Low Water Pressure– If you have low water pressure throughout your home it could be caused by things such as low water pressure from the supply, obstructions in the water lines or a poor supply-line design. Call a plumber to figure out the problem!
- Sewer Line Stoppage– If your sewer line is backing up, there might be a problem with the line that runs to the main sewer (usually something like tree roots). Instead of renting a sewer rodding machine that can cause further damage, call a plumber to fix the problem!
One of the best ways to keep up with potential problems is to have regular maintenance. Gillece Services can find issues before they become bigger problems. Call us today!